In line with the Government’s transition to a net zero carbon economy by 2050, the use of fossil gas in New Zealand is set to be phased out by 2035. The gas industry is looking to renewable natural gas as a viable option for the future.
- Manufacturers and suppliers need commitment from the Government that sufficient investment will be made in renewable gas technology and infrastructure
- Appropriate credentials must be developed for trade professionals working with renewable gas to ensure safety and consistency across the industry
- Master Plumbers is working with GasNZ and Master Plumbers Australia to develop quality standards and training for gasfitters in preparation for the future rollout of renewable gas.
What we want
- Commitment from the Government that renewable gas will be part of the energy transition.
- Practical training and robust standards for gasfitters in the use of renewable gases, such as biogas and hydrogen.