Building System Legislative Reform
Significant changes are being proposed for New Zealand’s building system legislation.
These include proposals affecting building product certification, occupational regulation, the building consent system and building levy. Read more HERE
- We are advocating on behalf of our members for the changes they would like to be made to strengthen our industry and protect consumers from substandard work and/or products.
- We welcome the new building product information requirements but believe plumbing product certification should be addressed due to potential public health risks.
- Rather than reduce the building levy, as proposed, we believe the surplus funds could be better used on funding Standards development and reviews.
- The introduction of plumbing product certification
- A funded model for the development of joint New Zealand and Australian plumbing, gasfitting and drainlaying Standards.